Perform a Facial Every 4-6 Weeks to Maintain Glowing Skin.
As an esthetician with 25 years of hands-on experience treating skin, I believe that one of the best benefits of a professional facial is the opportunity to work with a professional skin care specialist who will analyze your skin, hear your concerns and show you how to properly care for your skin based on your unique needs and skin type. Getting a professional facial is very important for the overall health of your skin.
Most basic facials include:
- Exfoliation-Physical (ultrasound or microdermabrasion crystals) and/or chemical (acids and enzymes) exfoliants to stimulate cell renewal, remove dry skin, break down stubborn discoloration (brown spots) and fade post-breakout red/dark marks. Exfoliation also allows action ingredients to absorb deeper within the skin for maximum skin results. I will cover the importance of skin exfoliation in my next post.
- Face, neck and shoulder massage - Not only is it incredibly relaxing, but facial massage helps to increase microcirculation to bring new nutrients to the skin at the cellular level. (Skin looking dull and tired? Get an instant glow with Mint Buffing Beads!)
- Steam- The heat that the steam produces will raise the temperature of the skin and soften the hardened oil in the pore, making it easier for extraction and deep pore cleansing. Steam is also excellent for hydrating the skin as long as the moisture is sealed in with a cream afterwards, to prevent the moisture from evaporating
- Manual extraction- When it comes to clogged pores and blackheads, there is no more effective way to remove them than with manual removal (gentle squeezing) as skin care products will not remove blackheads. In all of the Thai Sabai facials, we use special skin-softening treatments along with steam to prepare the pores for manual extractions—to minimize redness afterward.
- Mask- Used at the end of the facial, masks help to lower the temperature of the skin to reduce redness and to deeply hydrate. In all of our facials, we use our signature peel-off seaweed mask. It gives the skin an amazing glow!
Along with all of the skin benefits stated above, facials are incredibly relaxing and stress reducing and should be performed every 4-6 weeks.